How Many Times A Week Does The Average American Eat Out?
The American people love eating out. Many food-joints, take-out places and fast food restaurants offer cheap, quick meals that give you a solid bang for the buck. Not only do we eat our dinner out, many also eat their lunch on the go every day, or take a quick pastry with a coffee on the way to work.
So, how many times a week does the average american eat out? A study shows that the average american eats out 5 times every week. Americans who live in the big cities like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and Houston don't really cook that much at home, and often eat out more than 5 times a week. In the countryside, many eats out fewer times a week.
If you dive into the statistics, you will see a clear picture of how much fast food and eating out means to the american people. If you look at these statistics, you will see a clear picture of people who don’t cook that much at home, eat way more out than in, and find it hard to figure out a healthy lifestyle.
1. A study in 2012 shows that 52% of americans believed that it was easier to figure out their taxes than maintaining healthy eating habits.
2. Americans eat 31% more packaged food than fresh food.
3. Americans eat over 10 billion donuts every year.
4. 20% of all meals in America are consumed in a vehicle.
5. Americans spend 10% of their disposable income on fast food.